Cottingham Road Club – British Cycling (BC) Affiliation.
I’m pleased to announce that Cottingham Road Cycle Club has officially become a member of and affiliated to British Cycling. After some debate at the committee meeting(s) it was agreed that the Club would take the step and affiliate.
The decision was taken based upon the following factors.
In order of preference:-
1. Insurance:-To provide the club with insurance on club rides, charity events and programs such as youth development should we decide to go that route
2. Funding:-As British cycling are part of Sport England it is our intention to raise funds for the club through funding.
How that affects you:-
1. We have no intention of charging fees. It is hoped that fundraising will cover any costs raised. The club has little or no overheads at all so costs are virtually nothing.
2. We will ask that, should you wish to ride with the club you fill in a membership form. This will then cover you on the rides and this will be available in paper form or from the website.
3. You can (if you wish) join BC through the club and enjoy half price membership @£14 and all the benefits that come with being a BC member (see link below)! THIS IS NOT COMPULSORY!
4. Reduction in kit prices if point 2 is successful.
5. The club will make full use of the tools provided by BC to take the club forward and hopefully give us a good presence within Hull and East Yorkshire area.
6. RACING;-We will NOT take part in any event as a club, the club ethos and strategy stays the same.
WE ARE INCLUSIVE AND RECREATIONAL AND WILL CONTINUE TO BE A NOT-FOR PROFIT, FEE FREE CLUB!!!!
Charles Rispin and I have covered this year’s fees. We hope that funding will reimburse us but if not, we give this money freely to the benefit of the club and its members.
We are also pleased to announce that we Have asked Katie Hack to become a voting committee member, Kate has a lot of drive and knowledge through her current activity and believe that she can bring new and exciting ideas to the club and help grow its membership. I hope you will all take a moment in congratulating Kate. Welcome aboard!
Committee (As registered with BC)
Chairman Mark Ellam (Carries a deciding vote should the vote be even)
Secretary Andrew Ferguson
It has been an exciting 2 years in British cycling and hope that we can enjoy this sport, its excitement, health and social benefits associated with cycling through the coming years.